News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Leg Pain

frankie - Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:01 am

One week ago while in a store, i felt my right leg tighten up and after while start itching. When I got home, I notice a white bump, almost like a whitehead and my leg was red aroud the bump and very painful around the enitire area. I assume I was bit by something and after about 4 days it went away. On Saturday the same thing has occurred on the other leg and it seems much worse. The white bump gets bigger and my leg in that area is extremley painful and very red. I have been putting alcohol on it, but it is very sore and it's hard to wear pants on it. I have had a few smaller bumps appear throughout the week, but not as severe. I have check my sheets and I have not changed detergents or anything. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow, but i'm just very curious on what this is. It does not appear anywhere else, but my legs.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:25 am

User avatar Its very difficult to judge from here. It could be an insect bite and an allergic reaction to that. It could be a pustule (infection of the skin which forms pus). The itching is in favor of an allergic reaction.. Only an exam will tell.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here