News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Two surgeries on the same day

cbates - Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:57 pm

I am having surgery to remove my left ovary. The doctor states she will have to make an incision in my abdomin. Can a tummy tuck be done on the same day as this surgery so I will only have to have one surgery?
 Shelly S, RN - Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:05 pm

To answer your question, yes it can be done.

With the surgery to remove the ovary, the incision will be small. It typically is about 1inch (or less) in length.

An abdominalplasty (tummy tuck) is much more invasive. A long incision is made across the belly.

It is up to your surgeon. Also, the plastic surgeon and OBGYN must agree to operate together.

Keep in mind, recovery time could be longer. You may experience more pain as well.

Good Luck with what you decide

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here