News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lipoma?

kabeebabee - Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:44 pm

I have a knot on my arm and about a year ago i went to the doctor about it. Well he sent me to a surgeon to get a biopsy. They couldnt take it out. Said it was to close to the nerve. Said it was a Lipoma. They also pointed a smaller one on my other arm. Well my question is I noticed the other day i have knots on boths sides of my jaws, one is alout the size of a walnut and the other is about the size of a little gumball. There is no pain when i touch them, they are hard. But i have been having bad headaches where the pain goes to my shoulders. Could this just be another Lipoma. If you develop a lipoma how likely is it to get more, and how many more. I don't want these lumps all over my body.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:14 pm

User avatar Dear Kabeebabee,

Lipomas are usually soft and not hard so i think the two knots on your jaw are not lipomas most probably.

Lipomas usually occur in a single fashion but you can have more than one. There is a disease called lipomatosis where the whole body is covered by lipomas. There are 2 types of this last one. A type that appears early in life and a type that appears by the third decade and these are usually widespread and very obvious.

i can not tell what do you exactly have or what are those knots. You have to be examined by your doctor.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 kabeebabee - Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:42 pm

I went to the doc yesterday and he said he thinks they are swollen lymph nodes. Told me to wait a couple of weeks and see if they go down. My face has been breaking out alot lately and it never does, he thinks the swollen node might have something to do with it. It is a reassurance. Thank You.
Misty

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here