Question: Smelly Urine

Raine - Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:43 pm

Age: 18
Sex: Female
Past Diagnoses: None
Past Surgeries: Wisdom Teeth Removed
Family History: Celiac Disease, Cancer, etc, but nothing Urinary
Current Medications: None, though I take Women's Viactiv

Well let me begin with when I moved to florida to live with my fiance.
When I start having sex after a while without it, I get bladder infections, and my urine smells like rancid bacon. After A while though my body got used to it, and I was fine.

A few weeks ago, my fiance had had his urine smelling bad, but he didn't tell me anything, and whatever he had, passed over to me. His symptoms dissappeared after about a week, but I have had my urine still smelling.

It smells different than when I had a bladder infection. It no longer smells like rancid bacon, and I don't have the sensation of having to pee all of the time, or the pain of a bladder infection.

Now my urine smells as if it has been rotting inside my body. There is no pain, but it is darker than usual. These are the only symptoms I have had, and I have had them for awround 2 weeks now.

My step-dad said something about chlamydia, and I looked up symptoms, but I don't think that I have it, but I am still going to an STD clinic to be safe. Chlamydia symptoms range, but it seems that when you have chlamydia you have pain.

Is there anything else that it could be besides chlamydia? I am hoping it is just some type of bacterial infection.
 willywonka2005 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:37 pm

Hmmm, i've never really done any research into chlamydia but there is an advert about safe sex which is on the TV quite frequently here in the UK and accordign to this advert chlamydia does'nt come with any symptoms at all most of the time. No pain or anything. I just thought i would mention this because you are under the impression that chlamydia causes pain. Hope this helps a little. :-) All i can say is "do all the research you can"!
 Raine - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:51 pm

yeah i know that most of the time it has no symptoms, and my mom is going to take me to a urology clinic, where they will test me for not only the STDs, but to see if it is not that, then what it really is.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:25 am

User avatar Hi Raine,
Let me begin by saying that if urine smells anything other than urine, it is UTI unless proved otherwise.
The only certain way to know this and to know which organism is responsible is by a urinary culture & sensitivity test.
I do not think it is wise to jump to a diagnosis of chlamydial infection without first excluding other UTI's.
Chlamydial infections often produce symptoms of recurrent urethritis in men - but in women they may remain asymptomatic.
Therefore, i suggest that you consult your doctor, who in all probability would request a urine culture.
Finally, as i always tend to say... have your partner also tested and treated(if necessary).Good luck!

|