News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Having to urinate all the time

fin1980 - Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:46 pm

I am a 26 year old male having to uriante all the time. I am going all the time throughout the day and even have to wake up once or twice at night. I take Paxil 20mg for depression & anxiety and Toprol xl 50mg for Mitral Valve Prolapse It's really annoying sometimes I have to go 1 or 2 within only an hour. It seem that after I urinate I will still have the feeling that I have to go, and anxiety even makes it worse. I went to a urologist and prostate seemed fine a little bigger than he expected but nothing to worry about, and my PSA came back in normal range. I also had my an echo of my heart due to MVP and it came back okay. Sometimes its under control, and sometimes it's not. Any thoughts would be great.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:04 pm

User avatar Hello,

Polyuria is defined when the urine out put is more than 2.5 liters per day which is often associated by increase urine frequency at night.
Causes include:
•Increase in fluid intake, caffeine or alcohol
•Drug use,
Diabetes

One of the known (although infrequent) side effects of Paxil are on the Urogenital System: cystitis, dysuria, nocturia, polyuria.

On the other hand, metabolic complications include hyperglycemia which may symptomatize in polyuria.

I advise you to follow up with your doctor and to go for Urine analysis, serum creatinine, urea, and blood sugar.

Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here