Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers
provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not
replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site
visitor and his/her physician."
Back to Urology Answers List
- Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 pm
I'm having pretty strong pain in my left-testicle. It started out what felt like a pulled muscle. (about 2 years ago). Now, I get dull aches.
- left testicle only - it feels like a dull swelling-outward pain
- causes stomach pain & diarrhea
- semen volume is about 1/3 of normal
Most days it's tolerable, but it's considerably worse if:
- i'm stressed
- i get little sleep
- i have a stomachache ( they seem to go hand-in-hand )
What's been done:
- originally treated at epididymitis w/ doxycycline (5 days), then 7 days of levaquin, then 30 days of cipro. No change.
- one urologist thought it might be prostatitis - another one later took a fluid sample and said he saw no signs of infection (I've probably seen about 5 docs between an ER guy, a normal doc, and 3 urologists)
other tests run:
- ultrasound - no signs of cancer
- hernia - none felt
- mri - back/spine look normal
- urinalysis - no blood, etc.
- prostate fluid sample showed no white blood cells (infection)
Any ideas? This problem seriously makes it hard to function on bad days. I pretty much just end up curling up in a ball holding my stomach and hoping for it to end.
Ibuprofen only mildly helps.
What tests or actions could I take next?
- Wed May 23, 2007 5:02 pm
Haven't seen a reply to this...
Doc, if you're reading but aren't sure, could you at leastlet me know that you read this thread? Seems like the majority of posts here get replies.
I'm really at a loss of what to do next and would love some feedback.