News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Scrotum mass swollen around left testicle

shadoweric - Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:35 am

Hello,
My left testicle seems to have an extra sack of some sort around it. It is not painful, but I think it is abnormally large. It feels kind of baggy and vieny. I am concerned about this and don't know if I should get it looked at yet. I am not currently sexually active. The swollen left testicle has been like this for a while. I have been hit in the the groin a few times, but not too hard. Replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Eric
 dlugose - Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:23 pm

shadoweric wrote:Hello,
My left testicle seems to have an extra sack of some sort around it. It is not painful, but I think it is abnormally large. It feels kind of baggy and vieny. I am concerned about this and don't know if I should get it looked at yet. I am not currently sexually active. The swollen left testicle has been like this for a while. I have been hit in the the groin a few times, but not too hard. Replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Eric

You should see a doctor for a definite diagnosis, but it sounds a lot like a varicocele. It is not unusual in teens or young adults, is usually on one side and does not change quickly. Until you can see a doctor, wear underwear that give some support rather than letting your scrotum hang free. It may not ever get worse, but you do need an exam to rule out other things.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 am

User avatar Hi shadoweric,
The description provided by you makes me to first think of (just as opined by dlugose, R.N.).. a varicocele.
It is probable that you also have an associated hydrocele/hematocele (which may or may not be associated with the trauma that you sustained).
You must consult your GP first who may the be able to refer you as necessary. In the mean time, you should follow the instructions provided by dlugose, R.N.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here