Brand Name: Vytorin
Name: Combination: Simvastatin - Ezetimibe
Pregnancy Category C
Drug classes of Vytorin
Therapeutic actions of Vytorin
It treats the two sources of cholesterol by inhibiting the production of cholesterol in the liver and blocking the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine, including cholesterol from food.
Indications of Vytorin
- Primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed hyperlipidemia as adjunctive therapy to diet when diet alone is not enough.
Contraindications/cautions of Vytorin
- Hypersensitive to any of its components.
- Active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases.
- Women who are of childbearing age (unless highly unlikely to conceive), are nursing or who are pregnant
Adverse effects of Vytorin
Headache, myalgia, extremity pain
- Respiratory: upper respiratory tract infection, influenza
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.