Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: left abdominal pain

Brianna1984 - Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:20 pm

im 21years old female, and for 6 months i've been having left abdominal pains, the pain is uncomfortable and i also get a pulling sensation. i went to the doctors at first they thought i had pelvic inflammatory disease which turned out not to be the case. then i went to the hospital for an ultrasound because the doctor felt that i had an ovarian cyst, which also turned out not to be the case. Please help me!!
 dixiemom8203 - Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Brianna,

I just wanted to give a little input about the issue. I had some similar affects a few months ago but it was on my right side (they assumed it was my appendix...but I have situs inversus so they had to rule that out) they sent me to have an ultrasound done and they didn't find anything...a week or so later I had a sharp pain that made me double over and then within 10 min the pain and previous pressure (pulling) was gone.

I asked my gyno about it considering they didn't find a cyst in the exam but she said it was possible that it was a cyst and it burst (which they want it to do...so don't freak out if this happens to you...) but it just wasn't big enough to see on the ultrasound. They happen and it is normal and more often than so they aren't worried about them bc they are so normal in women (mostly during our menstrual cycle). They come and go but most we don't know are even there.

I hope this helps and good luck to you!!!