Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: Symptoms are showing. What now?

lilyk72004 - Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27 am

...First-off,-I-apologize-for-the-way-that-I'm-typing.-My-space-key-on-my-keyboard-isn't-working.-Anyway,-Hi.-My-mother-is-46-years-of-age-and-has-had-high-blood-pressure-for-the-past-couple-of-years.-A-few-weeks-ago,-she-started-having-chest-pains-and-difficulty-with-sleeping.-Diabetes-runs-on-her-mother's-side-of-the-family.-She-isn't-on-any-type-of-medication.-I-know-that-she's-under-stress-sometimes-though.-I've-told-her-to-go-to-the-doctor,-but-she-won't.-What-do-you-think-is-going-on-and-what-should-be-done?

Thank-you-very-much,

Stephanie
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 am

User avatar Hi lilyk72004,
You should continue to encourage her to go in for an evaluation by her physician. Uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure) may result in serious complications including MI (heart attack) and stroke (CVA), etc. Again, encourage her to be evaluated to attempt to avoid unwanted complications.