Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Dizzyness, chest pains

nickisme - Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:11 am

i am a 20 year old male. for about 2 weeks now i have been suffering from what can only logically be described as vertigo. I thappens frequently and everyday. it also happens at any given time. i can be sitting doing nothing and it will happen. During this time, i have also been having chest pains. sometimes it isnt to bad but other times it hurts a little. i told my mom about it and that was when she told me that I need to get a check up because when i was a baby i was born with heart complications. basically the doctors said that i was born with a hole in my heart and it was a miracale that i survived. This is kind of scary to me. I am going in to get a check up asap, but i would liek to know of any suggestions as to what this may be and how serious it is. thank you.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:41 pm

User avatar Dear Nick,

The chest pains that you are describing do not sound to me to be of heart origin.

i can not say whether there is something serious or not without examining you.

However, since you have this history of being born with a hole in your heart, i would suggest that you see your doctor right away.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D