Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Dizzyness, chest pains

nickisme - Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:11 am

i am a 20 year old male. for about 2 weeks now i have been suffering from what can only logically be described as vertigo. I thappens frequently and everyday. it also happens at any given time. i can be sitting doing nothing and it will happen. During this time, i have also been having chest pains. sometimes it isnt to bad but other times it hurts a little. i told my mom about it and that was when she told me that I need to get a check up because when i was a baby i was born with heart complications. basically the doctors said that i was born with a hole in my heart and it was a miracale that i survived. This is kind of scary to me. I am going in to get a check up asap, but i would liek to know of any suggestions as to what this may be and how serious it is. thank you.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:41 pm

User avatar Dear Nick,

The chest pains that you are describing do not sound to me to be of heart origin.

i can not say whether there is something serious or not without examining you.

However, since you have this history of being born with a hole in your heart, i would suggest that you see your doctor right away.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us