Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: pulmonary hypertension

 babineau - Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:21 pm

I am a 44 year old female that started with shortness of breath in January. Noticed it in the shower at first. Was diagnosed withhigh BP in February. During a routine screening test, an echo, my pulmonary pressure was 44. I saw a specialist as I was also dizzy, light headed and SOB with exertion. He repeated the echo a month later. Now 43 so he did a right heart catheterization. It was normal. Stress test and PFT's are normal. SOB is worse 2 monthes later and now I have a very fluctuating central chest pressure accompanied with a weird cough. It feels like a ballon deflating and sputtering. The cough is only with this pressure. I have tried puffers in case it was asthma with no relief and an anxiolytic with no relief. Any ideas? Pulmonology said I need cardiology.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:04 pm

User avatar Hi Babineau,

I would recommend you see a cardiologist as well. It may be that you are having a rhythm issue. If you have been evaluated when you were symptomless it may not have presented.

A holter monitor can be helpful to determine the rhythm during episodes. It is basically an EKG machine that is worn for an extended period of time.

A cardiologist can help determine if you need further work up.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us