Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: Does Feroglobin raise blood pressure?

mili13 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:17 am

I have a grandmother who is 84 years old. We discovered about 4 months ago that she had high blood pressure ( 180/98). She has been taking Feroglobin because she is anemic. It was not prescribed. But it's a product we usually use if someone in our family is anemic. However, we do not have a family history of high blood pressure. I would like to know if the Feroglobin is raising her pressure because it was fine before she started taking it. I have been told malt raises your blood pressure, but I am not sure how true that is. Do you think that it is the Feroglobin is the cause of her sudden high blood pressure? Thank you very much for the replies in advance. I appreciate it a lot.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:31 pm

User avatar It does not appear to be something that affects blood pressure. I suspect it is coincidental. As we age, we are less able to keep our blood pressure at the healthy rates so our odds of needing treatment for this increase with age, regardless of family history. Some people just seem to draw the card "high blood pressure."

I'm glad to see you are aware of it so it can be treated.