Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Turned heart, pains in the chest for over a week

 bluegirl000 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:20 am

For the past week i have had a sharp pain as well as dull pain extending out, the pain is nearly in the middle of my chest but about an inch towards my right side. Pain goes from there and in under my right breast up high , and under my armpit. Sometimes the pain radiates from the front of the chest to my shoulder at the back. The pain seems to get worse when i am stressed or doing anything physical. I am tired all the time and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

My question is should i be concerned about these symtoms? As i don't know wether it is common to have these symtoms with my heart being where it is or not.

32 years old, female

Had a ecg years ago because of pains in the chest, was told that my heart faces the wrong way, that where there should be up pins there is down pins on the readout, and the readout comes out as left reading right, and right reading left like the wires are attached to the wrong sides. Nothing else was done.

There is heart disease and high blood pressure in my family.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:33 am

User avatar Hello,

I hope you are feeling better by now. A 'turned' heart isn't a risk factor for heart disease per se. Chest pain in a young menstruating female is less likely to be due to heart disease - however we have a great article written by one of our cardiologists, Dr. Madia that addresses the various causes of chest pain in young females.

To view it please click here!

I think given the exertional nature of your symptoms, and the fact that they have lasted for a week that you should seek medical attention if you are still experiencing them.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us