Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blurry vision in my left eye - cause for concern?

mtstreet - Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Soon after I got to work this morning the vision in my left eye all of a sudden became blurry and it kept getting worse. I thought it would pass quickly but it lasted for about ten minutes or more.

I wondered if it might be a TIA but I didn't have any other symptoms. I didn't get confused and I don't recall any numbness anywhere, though I have had some pains in my left arm lately and tingling in my hands. I don't recall any pain anywhere else in my body.

The only problem I've been experiencing lately is a bit of sinus problem with our changeable weather. Could this have caused the blurriness? Or could this have possibly been a TIA with no other symptoms?

It's probably nothing, but just thought I'd see if anyone has been through the same thing. I'm debating whether or not to contact my doc - I hate to seem like an alarmist.

I'm Female, 51, and had an aortic valve replacement/aneurysm repair in 1999. I'm on Warfarin and Tegretol for a seizure disorder. Had an echo last year and all was fine.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:28 pm

User avatar Hi Mtstreet,

I'd recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. This may have been an acute attack of glaucoma. Glaucoma is an increase in pressure in the eye. It can be a serious issue if it continues.

There are other possibilities. I think a TIA is less likely but possible. Your doctor can help determine if further tests are needed and get a better sense of what is going on.