Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blood Clot in bottock

BC - Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Hello, my name is BC and i'm 22 years old. I've had this persitant blood clot in my right bottock for a couple of weeks now and it won't stop bleeding. The blood colour is a dark red. I have no idea what this is cause no one in my family has had this problem as far as i know. I take no medications and i've never had surger before. The worst thing i've ever had was a bad cold. Please could you help me understand what this blood clot means.
Thanks alot.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:55 pm

User avatar Hi BC,

Unfortunately, without being able to examine you I really can't give you much information. My best advice for you about this is to see a doctor and have the area evaluated. This way you can get specific information and a treatment plan to help it heal.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us