Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blood Clot in bottock

BC - Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Hello, my name is BC and i'm 22 years old. I've had this persitant blood clot in my right bottock for a couple of weeks now and it won't stop bleeding. The blood colour is a dark red. I have no idea what this is cause no one in my family has had this problem as far as i know. I take no medications and i've never had surger before. The worst thing i've ever had was a bad cold. Please could you help me understand what this blood clot means.
Thanks alot.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:55 pm

User avatar Hi BC,

Unfortunately, without being able to examine you I really can't give you much information. My best advice for you about this is to see a doctor and have the area evaluated. This way you can get specific information and a treatment plan to help it heal.