Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Diseases of the Aorta

Question: Aortic problems

frustrated - Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:27 am

Ive recently experienced abdominal pain that gets worse when i lay down ive had several ultrasounds. My reason of conern is that my heart beat can be seen and felt more towards my stomach and it is a very strong beat.... if i had the ultrasounds it would show if there is a problem with my aorta like an aneurysm right?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:43 pm

User avatar Yes frustrated, it would be clear in most cases where an aneurysm leads to visible pulsations.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:33 pm

User avatar Dear Frustrated,

You don't have to be concerned. The pulsations of the aorta can certainly be felt and can normally be seen if the person is thin enough.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.