Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Chest Pain When falling asleep...

ajr - Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:30 pm

I having been having problems when I go to sleep, I lay down and try to go to sleep and it happens a couple of times a night it feels like I pass out and I wake up with servere pain in my chest. This happens two to five times a night, then I finnaly fall asleep and wake up fine in the morning, I have also have borderline sleep apnea, which i don't know if this could be it. Also a year ago I had sergery and in the recovery room my heart beat droped to 30 bpm and i was gasping for air and they did an ekg and the docter said I might have a problem with my middle heart valve. But I have done ekgs since then and my family docter says he dosent see anything. Do you have any ideas on this.. Thank You....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm

User avatar I would recommend you have sleep studies at a sleep-wake clinic to determine if the apnea should be treated. Other tests might include an echocardiogram to check out the valve.