Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Chest Pain When falling asleep...

ajr - Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:30 pm

I having been having problems when I go to sleep, I lay down and try to go to sleep and it happens a couple of times a night it feels like I pass out and I wake up with servere pain in my chest. This happens two to five times a night, then I finnaly fall asleep and wake up fine in the morning, I have also have borderline sleep apnea, which i don't know if this could be it. Also a year ago I had sergery and in the recovery room my heart beat droped to 30 bpm and i was gasping for air and they did an ekg and the docter said I might have a problem with my middle heart valve. But I have done ekgs since then and my family docter says he dosent see anything. Do you have any ideas on this.. Thank You....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm

User avatar I would recommend you have sleep studies at a sleep-wake clinic to determine if the apnea should be treated. Other tests might include an echocardiogram to check out the valve.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us