Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Chest pain during and after jumping on trampoline

jenmonge - Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:51 am

My 9 year old son was jumping on the neighbors trampoline for the first time and within about two minutes got off complaining of chest pain on his left side. It has been one day and the pain has now moved to his upper back. Have you heard of this?
My son would say the pain is moderate. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:52 pm

I hope by now your son has returned to normal. My suspicion would be that it was perhaps a pulled muscle perhaps, which would heal without intervention. If the pain is still present you should have it checked out for sure. Aside from this I really can't say what else it might be.