Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Left shoulder pain

grartist - Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:09 am

Hi DR.

I ve had pain in my left shoulder, left shoulder blade area at times. It comes and goes. Along with that at times the skin on the left side of my chest is very sensative. And Ive had pain in my chest too along the rib cage...almost feels like muscle or bone pain at times. I was involved in a car accident 4 years ago and had therapy on my left shoulder to try to get back full range of motion. My cholestrol is low and my doctor said my good cholesterol was fantastic. My BP was 123-74 last time I checked. I exercise at times...do not feel the pain then or out of breath. Ive experienced tingling in fingers at times..but in both hands. Am I nuts to worry?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:58 am

User avatar Dear Grartist,

i don't think that this left shoulder/shoulder blade pain is related to coronary disease.

You hardly have 2 risk factors that can not be changed, being a male and 44 years old. You don't have any of the other risk factors and you don't have any typical chest pain characteristics, so the probability that this left shoulder pain and skin sensitivity is secondary to coronary disease is very slim if at all present.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.