Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Chest Pain on Left Side

keizy508 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am

Hello, I recently went to the hospital three times in three days. The first day I had smoked and dranked a redbull and my heart started racing. Im eighteen and 110 pounds so caffeine does not mix well with me. The next day, I woke up and notice every activity I did had me short of breath, including walking and even talking! I went to the hospital and the doctor told me he did not know the cause. They ran tests: a blood test, a ecg, and also a chest x-ray, in which all seemed fine. The following day, I have had chest pain on the left side of my chest near my collarbone past my breast bone. Also, i would seem to get pain on the left side of my body and also a tingling sensation in my left hand. The doctor concluded that I was having muscle spasms which caused me to be short of breath and pleurisy. Should I be satisfied with this diagnosis or is there a greater concern?
 Dr. A. Madia - Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 am

User avatar Hi,

Please state whether you get any mild fever, is there a loss of weight? Do you feel hungry?

Because if there is a plurisy, it needs to be confirmed and traeted. You say chest X ray was normal. How was then plurisy diagnosed. Kindly get in touch with your doctor and discuss out if you need futher tests to confirm this.

Apurva

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us