Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Chest Pain on Left Side

keizy508 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am

Hello, I recently went to the hospital three times in three days. The first day I had smoked and dranked a redbull and my heart started racing. Im eighteen and 110 pounds so caffeine does not mix well with me. The next day, I woke up and notice every activity I did had me short of breath, including walking and even talking! I went to the hospital and the doctor told me he did not know the cause. They ran tests: a blood test, a ecg, and also a chest x-ray, in which all seemed fine. The following day, I have had chest pain on the left side of my chest near my collarbone past my breast bone. Also, i would seem to get pain on the left side of my body and also a tingling sensation in my left hand. The doctor concluded that I was having muscle spasms which caused me to be short of breath and pleurisy. Should I be satisfied with this diagnosis or is there a greater concern?
 Dr. A. Madia - Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 am

Please state whether you get any mild fever, is there a loss of weight? Do you feel hungry?

Because if there is a plurisy, it needs to be confirmed and traeted. You say chest X ray was normal. How was then plurisy diagnosed. Kindly get in touch with your doctor and discuss out if you need futher tests to confirm this.

Apurva