Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: 32 year old female with near-fainting and tingling hands

bernathsm - Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am

I am a 32 year old female in good health. Yesterday, I felt nauseated, ran to the bathroom, and then almost passed out. My heart rate was slow and weak, and I had to lie on the floor for five minutes. After getting up, I felt weak, shaky, and had chills/sweats for two hours. Also, my pulse rate was between 102 and 112 beats per minute. I had an EKG in 1993 and it said I had normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia and incomplete right bundle branch block. Other than that, I have had no medical issues. I haven't been able to talk to my doctor yet, but mild heart arrythmias run in my family. Any advice?
 Dr. A. Madia - Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 am

User avatar Hi,

A bradycardia, or low pulse can lead to low cardiac output and syncope, which you had. A vasovagal attack or neurocardiogenic syncope is another name for the same thing. It can occur in normal healthy individual.

Incomplete RBBB many times is a normal variant in many people. However you must check with your doctor and get all relevant tests done before we consider this to be benign.

Take Care,

Apurva

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us