Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: 32 year old female with near-fainting and tingling hands

bernathsm - Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am

I am a 32 year old female in good health. Yesterday, I felt nauseated, ran to the bathroom, and then almost passed out. My heart rate was slow and weak, and I had to lie on the floor for five minutes. After getting up, I felt weak, shaky, and had chills/sweats for two hours. Also, my pulse rate was between 102 and 112 beats per minute. I had an EKG in 1993 and it said I had normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia and incomplete right bundle branch block. Other than that, I have had no medical issues. I haven't been able to talk to my doctor yet, but mild heart arrythmias run in my family. Any advice?
 Dr. A. Madia - Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 am

A bradycardia, or low pulse can lead to low cardiac output and syncope, which you had. A vasovagal attack or neurocardiogenic syncope is another name for the same thing. It can occur in normal healthy individual.

Incomplete RBBB many times is a normal variant in many people. However you must check with your doctor and get all relevant tests done before we consider this to be benign.

Take Care,

Apurva