Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Pain in center of chest, can't take deep breath

burky723 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello, I need some advise. I am a 51 year old male and have been having pain in the middle of my chest since March. I also can't seem to take a deep breath all the time. I have been to my primary care physician and he did an electrocardigram that was normal also some type of blood test to rule out cancer which was also normal. I also had a chest xray that was fine. He really couldn't give a reason for the pain. I am now seeing a pulmanary doctor who has done a test on my lungs, I don't know exactly what it was but he said that the test was better than anyone he has ever tested. He started me on Nexium, (almost 7 weeks), for possible acid reflux but this doesn't seem to be doing any good. I am at a point where I don't know what to do or where to go. The lung doctor wants me to have a test to rule out asthma but he said he really didn't think that was it either. This has been going on for too long and is a real inconvience. If it is something serious I would like to be able to try and correct it. If its not I just want it to go away. Could you please point me in the right direction. Other than these 2 things I feel fine. Thank you for yor help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm

User avatar Hello -

You seem to have posted your question in two different areas. I already responded to this in the other area where you posted, at some length, so I hope you will look there for my answer.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us