Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Pain in center of chest, can't take deep breath

burky723 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello, I need some advise. I am a 51 year old male and have been having pain in the middle of my chest since March. I also can't seem to take a deep breath all the time. I have been to my primary care physician and he did an electrocardigram that was normal also some type of blood test to rule out cancer which was also normal. I also had a chest xray that was fine. He really couldn't give a reason for the pain. I am now seeing a pulmanary doctor who has done a test on my lungs, I don't know exactly what it was but he said that the test was better than anyone he has ever tested. He started me on Nexium, (almost 7 weeks), for possible acid reflux but this doesn't seem to be doing any good. I am at a point where I don't know what to do or where to go. The lung doctor wants me to have a test to rule out asthma but he said he really didn't think that was it either. This has been going on for too long and is a real inconvience. If it is something serious I would like to be able to try and correct it. If its not I just want it to go away. Could you please point me in the right direction. Other than these 2 things I feel fine. Thank you for yor help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm

You seem to have posted your question in two different areas. I already responded to this in the other area where you posted, at some length, so I hope you will look there for my answer.