Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Fast heartbeat

maiden75 - Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:18 pm

Several times a day my heart feels like it beats fast only for maybe 10 seconds and then goes back to normal. Just before it happens, my chest feels full and my pulse feels like it's slow, THEN it speeds up. Alot of times it happens when I get up and walk around, or bend down. What does that mean? I had a normal EKG, but it didn't happen during the test of course. I have an appt w/a cardiologist soon. My doctor didn't hear anything unusual when listening to my heart while standing or lying down. Any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:39 am

User avatar Its normal for the heart to change pace. One of the causes of normal tachycardia is a change in posture. It could also be a manifestation of postural hypotension.
As long as your results come back normal I would advise you not to worry about it.