Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Heaviness in shoulder area

ellad810 - Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:17 pm

Hi.

In my left shoulder area, a heaviness starts, goes down the arm, within a half hour, it's down to the knee, lasts for a little bit, then the heaviness turns into a dull pain, with my left hand going numb. Then it lasts for about an hour longer, then it all goes away. And it happens about every three or four days, for the last month. Do you have any idea why this is happening, or what it means?

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

-Ella
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:59 pm

User avatar Dear Ella,

What do you mean by heaviness? Do you mean that you have weakness in your arm and leg or a sensation that occurs to someone when his hand or foot goes to sleep and then start to wake up?

i do not know about your health background.

Weakness could mean that this is a warning symptom for a stroke if in the proper setting.

Heaviness only on the other hand could mean that there is either
1. Nerve problem going on, or
2. Brain problem. This could be an equivalent to a stroke as well.

My advice to you is to visit your physician to be checked either way because this might be a prelude to a stroke.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.