Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: Uncontrollable Blood Pressure

 bsu1 - Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm having bp that goes from 210/95 and drops to 80/42, sometimes within an hour. I'm on Lotrel in the morning and 3 Clonondine at bedtime. Most of the day it is in the +180 range. A kindey MRA was clean. Do you hava any ideas? What kind of doctor best deals with blood pressure?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 am

User avatar Hello,
You should be under the care of a doctor. Internal medicine would be a good choice if you have one available. This kind of fluctuation should not be occurring and you should be able to manage it better.

Best wishes.
 MedicalB - Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:24 pm

hi, i think the best doctor for blood preasure problems is the cardiologist.
But if you can visit a blood presure specialist is the "best deal". good luck
 Dr. E Asis - Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 am

User avatar Hi! If your blood pressure is always fluctuating probably the medications that you are taking needs to be adjusted or shifted to other antihypertensives. You better consult an internist or a cardiologist who can better assess your condition.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us