Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Body numbness problems on my limbs and face

h22akord - Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:15 pm

Hi,
I'm a male 25 years old, 5'8'' weighing at about 150 pounds. Lately i have been having body numbness problems on my limbs and face. I've had a headache for a couple days now, and it feels strange even to walk and move. My head feels really heavy at times and lightheadedness at times. It seems like I have fluttering sensations in my chest area. I'm not a smoker, and i have never been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I do have a light case of asthma but this doesnt seem to be ashma related. This has been going on for a couple days now. I'm worried that it might be heart of stroke related.

Generally, my whole body feels week and numb. I cant seem to stay in one position for a long time because i start feeling pain in my limbs. It seems when i get up and walk around the pain decreases a little. I have mild sharp pains around me neck area around the back when i turn my neck soemtimes. I've tried taking ibuprofin and asprin, both don't seem to help in alleviateing the symtoms in my head. My fingers feel really stiff when i try to type or write. I'm also generally more pale then normal. And although i can see and think clearly my vision seems to be slightly effected making me a little dizzy.

Any imput woudl be appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:51 pm

User avatar Dear h22akord,

This could be related to the headache that you are having. This could be a migraine. Migraine is sometimes associated with neurological symptoms that are the result of severe blood vessel spasms and could lead to stroke somtimes.

i suggest that you see your primary care provider right away and if you can't get to see him right away, i think that you have to be seen in the emergency room.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us