Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Cardiomyopathy

Question: Dead Sea Salt /heart disease - cardiomyopathy

tony42 - Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:10 am

This might sound like a silly question but i have cardiomyapaty. I have been told to watch my salt intake . But i take soaking baths using Dead Seas Salts, is that the same as eating table salt ? I know its good for the skin but is that salt entering my body and increasing my salt intake? Is that the same as eating food with salt in it? Should someone with heart disease avoid baths with Dead Sea Salt ?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 pm

User avatar Hi there -

Taking baths in salts shouldn't make any difference to the body's serum and cellular salt balance. While we can sweat out a fair amount of salt, we're unable to absorb (omsotically) much at all. It might be smart to shower off after bathing in any sort of salts, but you'd probably do that anyway. At any rate, no, no problem here.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.