Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Pain under and in left breast

discouraged - Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:02 pm

i have had pain under my left breast for almost two months now. it has now moved "in" the breast as well. it hurts to take a deep breath and hurts when i bend over. it isn't constant but more frequent than when it started. it can be a stabbing pain at times. i have had an EKG (since i have high cholesterol and am pre-diabetic) but it came back normal. my doctor keeps offering me pain killers, saying it is "probably" nothing. i am very concerned. and i am very depressed that i cannot be taken seriously. i spent a year looking for an endocrynologist before i found one that found that i was pre-diabetic and insulin intolerant which alleviated multiple symptoms when placed on glucophage. but this nagging breast pain is very discouraging and i am finding myself falling into major depression. can anyone help? :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 am

User avatar Dear Discouraged,

Obviously, I cannot rule out something as dangerous as a cardiac cause for your chest pain over the internet, but according to your description this chest pain is probably not secondary to coronary disease. I would suggest that you have a thorough breast exam in addition to a mammography or a breast ultrasound.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us