Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Heart Failure

Question: Chest pain and arm numbness

BRETMAN101 - Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:26 pm

i am 37 yrs old and a non smoker. my fingers and my hand have been asleep for a week. i also have alot of trouble swallowing. when i swallow my chest really hurts. i'm more nervous than anything
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:10 pm

User avatar Dear Bretman101,

Chest pain during swallowing means that most probably you have some kind of inflammation of the esophagus or esophgeal spasm.

i recommend that you see your doctor to be examined and may be referred to a gastrointestinal specialist for an endoscopy if your doctor thinks it is indicated.

Regarding your hand and fingers being numb, there could be either a problem in the nerve going to the hand in a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome or a could be some problem with your neck like arthritis.

i suggest that you be evaluated for both of the above mentioned conditions.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.