Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Handcuffed hand is numb after a day off cuffs

RichLo - Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 am

Just wondering what I should do about my hand, its still numb after a day since it was taken off cuffs. It was cuffed for about 30 mins. It has full strength, I just cant feel anything in it.

and if I have to go in to get it looked at, can I get the prick cop to pay for any of the medical bills this hand is going to cost me? I asked him multiple times to loosen them since I couldn't feel my hand.

thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon May 11, 2009 10:44 pm

User avatar Hello --

You're probably suffering some short term nerve compression problems, most likely of the ulnar nerve. It should resolve in a short time, but if it doesn't it becomes a medical-legal problem. We can address the medical aspect here, but we do not dispense legal advice, especially of the sort you may require.

If the numbness does not resolve within a few days you'll need to see a neurologist to have this evaluated for possible trauma to a nerve. How this would be compensated does not fall within our purview. Sorry about that. Different website.

Good luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us