Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Handcuffed hand is numb after a day off cuffs

RichLo - Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 am

Just wondering what I should do about my hand, its still numb after a day since it was taken off cuffs. It was cuffed for about 30 mins. It has full strength, I just cant feel anything in it.

and if I have to go in to get it looked at, can I get the prick cop to pay for any of the medical bills this hand is going to cost me? I asked him multiple times to loosen them since I couldn't feel my hand.

thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon May 11, 2009 10:44 pm

You're probably suffering some short term nerve compression problems, most likely of the ulnar nerve. It should resolve in a short time, but if it doesn't it becomes a medical-legal problem. We can address the medical aspect here, but we do not dispense legal advice, especially of the sort you may require.

If the numbness does not resolve within a few days you'll need to see a neurologist to have this evaluated for possible trauma to a nerve. How this would be compensated does not fall within our purview. Sorry about that. Different website.

Good luck to you.