Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Chest and Back Pain

mousey106 - Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:31 pm

For the last week or so beginning in my shoulder blade area on my left side I began experiencing alot of pain, and thought I had just pulled a muscle or something. Then I thought maybe it was just trapped gas or something so I took some Nexxum but that didn't help much either. The after a few days the pain moved to the center of my back up around the cervical area around the L2 area. I used a Lidoderm pain patch and go no relieve, I used a heating pad for a few days which made it feel better while using it but it didn't stop the pain. Then 2 days ago I began to hurt from my back to the front in my chest, and it hurts to breathe sometimes. Like if I take a breathe, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. The pain has gotten alot worse. My Family Physician/Pain doctor has ordered an MRI of my back/cervical area. This is really scarey to me . Do you have any idea what it might be? I can't get my MRI until next week :-(
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:37 pm

User avatar Dear Mousey,

From your history and how the pain began and progressed, i think that this chest pain is caused by your back pain.

i hope that your mri went well and that there is nothing that will need surgical intervention.

i think that the dose or the rate of your intrathecal pain pump can be increased in a trial to control the pain.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.