Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Arrhythmia

erinbf - Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am

I have had arrhythmia which was diagnosed when I was 26 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had the ablation when she was one month old. Everything has been alright untill this past Monday. I had another arithmia and now I have been short of breath even when I am just sitting still. I have a wrist blood pressure machine and I did it about 5 times and got a high pulse from 114 at one time to 146 and a low blood pressure of 80 over 80 and 70 over 80.
What should I do?
 Kathy C, RN - Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:35 am

Hi Erin,
From what I have read although small there is a risk of the arrythmia returning.

"For most patients, this treatment means increased odds of a healthier heart. "There is less than a 5 percent chance of recurrence of arrhythmia for patients using this procedure," says Dr. Mitrani. "It is an overall successful procedure used in cases of complex arrhythmia."

I would suggest contacting your physician immediatly.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us