Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: A strange pop inside the right side of my head

 barcaguy - Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 am

Has anyone had a stange pop inside their head very quick like someone flicked you with a rubber band, I felt a bit dizzy and fluched after but after a while I felt ok although obviously anxious any one felt this or any possible answers?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:32 am

User avatar Hi,
Some people do experience an isolated occurrence of a strange sound or a sensation in one's head which may not be explicable.These can't be scientifically explained.
Considering your available profile and the fact that you have a history of hypertension,
i would advise you to get in touch with your psychiatrist or GP and discusss this problem.Good Luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us