Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Are heart related pains & arrhythmia associated w/ Candida?

 cequus3 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:12 am

Hi, I am a 22 year old female who for the past month or so has been experiencing alot of chest pains and arrythmia. I have been to the ER twice due to so called panic attacks and rapid heartbeats. I have had three EKGs done and all they could find was slight arrythmia, and short PRs. Also, for many days I have been having serious breathlessness at rest. To make a long story short, since the ER doctors weren't able to say anything more than I was having a panic attack and perscribe anti-depressants I got really aggrivated. Several days later, a friend of ours called, and told us about a nutritionist in MI who saved and cured him from both Asian Orange and Candida. Desperate, we decided to try an alternate route, and go with a non-traditional method of diagnostics.

In the testing, she preformed electrolysis on my nerve endings. It concluded that I had Candida, hypoglycemia, a problem with my thyroid and pancreas. (The doctors had done series of blood tests, and found nothing wrong with my thyroid or sugar levels) She said my heart was fine and it was only my nerves that were sending the heart pain signals. Also, over the years, she said I had contracted about 27 different kinds of toxic metals into my system. She perscribed me about 20 different herbs, and what not to help my thyroid, digestive system, and get rid of the metals.

My question is however, should I go see a cardiologist? My heart related pains have gotten progressivly worse, and it still scares me that something is wrong. My pain, at times extends down my shoulder blade, deltoid, and pinky finger. I also have sudden bursts of pain in my left side and around the breast. I am sure my nerves have a small roll it everything, but when I feel suddenly breathless, or pains with a high pulse, it does upset me. I have no medical insurance at all, and am already up to my neck in doctor bills. Could someone please tell me if I really need to see a cardiologist or is my condition nothing to really worry about...
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:02 pm

User avatar Hello -- While I'd be the last person to blow off holistic or alternative medicine, at least when practiced intelligently and in concert with conventional medicine, it sounds as though you've been through a series of less-than-thorough medical providers and at least one charlatan "alternative" medicine practitioner. There is no physical way of diagnosing random diseases via "electrolysis" or whatever was done to you, and your symptoms do sound as though they could have some structural cardiological basis. While what I suspect is mitral valve prolapse syndrome (MVPS) as the most likely culprit, there is no way of being certain without at least an echocardiogram and possibly a Holter monitor to determine what, if any, structural problems exist (and probably this would be MVP, which is a common and benign anomaly often associated with certain equally benign arrhythmias which may benefit from a simple medication or simple reassurance. Panic disorder is also often seen in conjunction with MVP, which often responds to reassurance and sometimes also to certain anti-anxiety drugs. This is what this all sounds most like, but of course there could be something else going on, and either way the same sort of competent cardio workup is the only way it can be uncovered. Once it's established what, if anything, is wrong (other than a possible anxiety problem) then whatever it is needs to be addressed sympathetically by a physician. The problem is affecting your ability to function and enjoy life, so the cost will have to be worked out some way. Many people are presently without insurance, so doctors are often more willing to negotiate terms, and this may be something to look into. I don't think you have coronary artery disease, but you may well have a combination of mild structural issue (MVP most likely) and some attendant anxiety/panic problems. These can be managed fairly easily, and otherwise you'll just wind up feeling worse and losing more ground and time you could be working toward a happier, less stressful life.

I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here as needed. Good luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us