Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: BP RAISES VERY QUICKLY

jackdada - Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

I have Hypertension and have been taking 4mg Perindopril for about 3 weeks and my BP when relaxed has gone down to around 120/78. Every now and again my BP shoots up for no reason when im relaxed. I also keep getting a blocked nose and heavy eyes which comes and goes, when i take my BP it stays normal, The back of my head aches some times and my scalp is sore to press. It's like having a infection which moves around my head and depending where it is, it has an effect on my BP. Can someone please help. Thank you in advance
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:36 am

You say "It's like having a infection which moves around my head and depending where it is".

There are a number of possibilities which may cause the headache that you have; "temporal arteritis" may cause tenderness in the scalp.So also,tension headaches may cause tenderness bilaterally.

but... There is no known condition(to the best of my knowledge) wherin the tenderness moves around.

As your Blood pressure seemingly fluctuates 'for no reason', one may need to investigate for causes of secondary hypertension (pheochromocytoma in particular).It is also probable that an increased anxiety level may be contributing to the overall picture.