Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Cardiology Treatment Modalities

Question: Aorta bypass

mysticwmn - Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:18 pm

I have been told I have to have a bypass in the tummy area in the aorta do to blockage. Can not do a stent, it to blocked. Also there is blockage in the top of legs and in chest area for the arms and neck. The blood from the brain is now going into my right arm.
They are talking a couple major surgerys with the first a bypass. they are going to cut my tummy all the way down, cut both hips in front and from crotch to ankle on the leg. This is just the first one. They are hoping my heart is strong enough for this.
I have been checking on other things that my be done. I have come across this stuff to clean the aorta and vains called EDTA (ethylene - diamine - tetra - acetate - acid ) I was wondering if you have heard of this and if you feel it is something that could work.
Thank you for your time
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:10 pm

User avatar Dear Mysticwmn,

i am not aware of any studies out there where EDTA was used for chelation of extensive aortic vascular disease.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.