Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: echo follow up?

debih2 - Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:52 pm

I had an echo, dr found murmur results showed trivial regurgitation. I guess my anxiety comes from the fact that all the sudden she notices it everytime i have an exam, does this mean its gotten worse? I'm 32 and I just find it strange it was never noticed before. What is the follow up procedure? I was told I don't need to do any follow-up and no prophylaxis before dental or other procedures. Can this condition get worse over time?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:28 pm

Dear Debih2,

WHat do you notice when you have an exam...i didn't get that? in other words...what went wrong that made you do an echo?!
many normal/healthy people have trivial valve regurgitation.......so you don't need follow up or prophylaxis...although dentists always give antibiotics prior to dental extraction...whether you have a heart problem or not ...so don't worry about that :wink:

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us