Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Chest pain with exercise

tropicsam - Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:36 pm

I have had normal ecg's, and doctors visits and they all say im good to go, but when i start plyaing soccer when i come off even after 15 mins my heart is racing and i begin to get a dull pain in my chest, which radiated to my left arm. I am going for a Upper GI i test could this be the reason why my heart is racing so fast. I also at this point have inflamation in 4 ribs. Someone help
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:46 am

Dear Tropicsam,

you can have a stress test...which is an ECG but while running on a treadmill to see your heart's electrical activity during exercise.
you can also get a chest X-ray...that would be very benificial as well.
what about the inflammation of your ribs?how did you got it and which side is it?

tell me how did the upper GI go ,ok? do u complain of acid reflux/heart burn, pain in the stomach....after or before meals? it can mimc heart conditions as well, that's why your doctor has ordered an upper GI..... but in your case a stress test is very important as well.