Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Headache, dizziness

skye130 - Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:14 am

About a month ago, I woke up and the room was spinning around me. I went to the ER and they advised I had an upper respitory infection. Two days after that I had a 104 temp, and diagnosed with strep throat. I was on antibiodics for 10 days. After the 10 days, I started what I call feeling "dizzy". Nothing was spinning, I wasn't spinning, but just haven't felt "right". I felt like at times, I just have to stand or sit in one spot to feel "normal", again, nothing spinning. I had a CT scan, all normal, including the sinus. I since went to an ENT specialist who said I have a deveated septum, and possible allergies, and scheduled me for a sleep apnea test which he thinks may cause my dizziness and headaces. The ENT ruled out at this time any ear problems. The past week, have had headaces behind my eyes and near temple areas, the dizziness has been a bit better. Also, I have been on Alavert and Flo Nase nasal spray. I really have had allergies all my life, take a couple of pills, and I am done with it. However, never had this many headaches and feeling "dizzy" for this amount of time. Any suggestions?

Thank You
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:16 pm

User avatar Hi!

I see that you are havng problems with headache and dizziness. It is more likely that your doctors have by now ruled out most essential possibilities. When did you last have your blood pressure checked, and have you had it checked during one of your headache episodes? It is an unlikely cause to be overlooked, even so.

bill