Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Visible pulse?

117329 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:08 am

When my wife was sleeping with her head turned turned to the left I looked at her and notice her pulse in her neck was visible on the right side.. It was moreso in the area within the first couple inches above the clavicle. Is this EVERY normal? She is quite thin, 24 years old and five foot six and 115 pounds, if weight has to do with a visible pulse.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:36 am

User avatar Hi 117329,
Is she otherwise heathy and having no symptoms? If she feels generally healthy I would be inclined to consider that since she is very thin for her height that it would be more visible.