Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: please help

bigblue8156 - Mon May 09, 2005 11:57 am

ok im a 24 yr old male im just starting to get panic attacks or atleast i think they are

for the past few weeks ill get a sharp pain on the left side of my chest sometimes it will be directly under my left arm right below the arm pit by the ribs sometimes my wrist and hands get throbbing pains sometimes i get them together but they only last maybe 5 to 10 seconds but sometimes they will reaccur a few times in a night within the last four years ive had an echo done ekg done and they came back negative within the last year i went to the emergancy room and they took blood xrays ekg they said i was fine i don't have insurance and this stuff gets very costly any insight would be appreciated
according to family members theres no history of heart disease in my family
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Mon May 30, 2005 9:35 am

Hello Big blue,

Is the pain on your left side associated with work - the heavier your work load the more excruciating your chest pain? is the pain gone when you have rested? is the character of your chest pain sort of compressing/squeezing or not? Does pain occur when or after you have eaten? That way we can determine if your condition is of cardiacorigin or not. thank you.

Sincerely
M.D.