Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: Visible veins and hypertension

big_kabasa - Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:26 pm

The veins on the temple area of my face are lightly visible through the skin and someone told me I may have hypertension does anybody have further information about this?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:42 am

Veins can be visualized when you lose weight as well!! so the easiest thing to do is to have your blood pressure checked on three different occasions if the first one showed high blood pressure.

big_kabasa - Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 pm

thanks Wafaa..actually i have been gaining weight i used to be 145 and now i am 165-170 but there is no changes.thanks for your input and if you or anyone else have any further comments on this please let me know. thanks
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:22 pm

well, Do you know why have you been gaining weight? or you've just changed your diet habits?
and there are no changes in your blood pressure measurements?
By the way...you have to give us data so we can help you...we do not predict!

big_kabasa - Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:20 pm

i went and got a blood pressure test today systolic was 132 and i cant remember what diastolyc was but it was normal also the weight gain has been due to quitting smoking and some diet changes. thanks for helping Wafaa it is well appreciated.