Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Pericardial Diseases

Question: Pericardiectomy specialists

 sue - Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:43 pm

My husband has been diagnosed with constrictive Pericarditis and needs to have a Pericardiectomy. Everything I read is stating that this is a highly dangerous procedure. I'd like to know where I can get a list of Doctors who perform this procedure on a regular basis, or the best place to go.

Thank you
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:13 pm

User avatar Dear Sue,

This is a web link that mentions the top hospitals in the united states (if you are living in the states) in the speciality of cardiology and heart surgery

Click here!

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us