Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

Back to Cardiology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/20/2017.

Forum Name: Congenital Heart Disease in Adults

Question: Heart Failure in ACHD

 Bailey5 - Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:00 pm

Hubby is 30, born with D-TGA with large VSD now has SPH. (he has Eisenmengers).He is now on Coreg for Heart Failure. Is there anything else that can be done or is this the last result before Heart/lung transplant?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:58 am

User avatar Dear Kim,

In addition to the coreg, i hope that he has been taking the other usual medications prescribed for heart failure.

There are certain clinical trials with a certain prostaglandin but is given in cases of primary pulmonary hypertension and i have not heard that it was tried in secondary pulmonary hypertension.

In your husband's case, i think, the next step is heart/lung transplantation.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us