Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Heart Palpitations ALL the time

endora - Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:04 pm

I am a 28 year old female who has started experiencing heart pals nearly everyday it seems. For me they are like a missed beat, but actually an extra beat. They are worse on my period and sometimes go away for weeks. I suspect it is stress related too. I saw the dr. and they say that it is coming from the atria and they are normal. However, my question is: b/c they are so frequent should I worry? They sometimes happen for hours and I believe are about 6 per minute at times at least.

If this is a condition that is truly not to worry over then please let me know and I will stop obsessing over it. It is so hard to go through when it is your own health, mind and body.

Thanks.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:37 pm

User avatar Palpitations are not harmful, as your doctor probably informed you, but they can be very bothersome. Call your doctor about the frequency, there is medication to control these.