Brand Name: Hismanal
Xolair reduced the rate of hospital emergency visits by 44% in patients with inadequately controlled asthma.
Pregnancy Category C
Drug classes of Hismanal
Antihistamines (nonsedating type)
Mechanism of action of Hismanal
Competitively blocks the effects of histamine at peripheral H1 receptor sites; has anticholinergic (atropine-like) and antipruritic effects.
Indications of Hismanal
- Relief of symptoms associated with perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis; vasomotor rhinitis; allergic conjunctivitis; mild, uncomplicated urticaria and angioedema
- Amelioration of allergic reactions to blood or plasma
- Adjunctive therapy in anaphylactic reactions
Contraindications of Hismanal
- Allergy to any antihistamines
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Stenosing peptic ulcer
- Symptomatic prostatic hypertrophy
- Asthmatic attack
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Pyloroduodenal obstruction
Adverse effects of Hismanal
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit
online articles. Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and
discuss challenging presentations with other members.
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.