Brand Name: Uni-Bent
Xolair reduced the rate of hospital emergency visits by 44% in patients with inadequately controlled asthma.
Pregnancy Category B
Drug classes of Uni-Bent
Antihistamines (sedating type)
Mechanism of action of Uni-Bent
Competitively blocks the effects of histamine at peripheral H1 receptor sites; has anticholinergic (atropine-like) and sedative effects.
Indications of Uni-Bent
- Relief of symptoms associated with perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis; vasomotor rhinitis; allergic conjunctivitis; mild, uncomplicated urticaria and angioedema
- Amelioration of allergic reactions to blood or plasma
- Adjunctive therapy in anaphylactic reactions
- Mild nighttime sedation
- Prevention of motion sickness
- Topical anesthetic
- Treatment of antipsychotic induced extrapyramidal symptoms
Contraindications of Uni-Bent
- Allergy to any antihistamines
- Asthmatic attack
- Not to be used in neonates
Adverse effects of Uni-Bent
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit
online articles. Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and
discuss challenging presentations with other members.
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.