Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Stabbing pain, left side ribs.

cp5lb - Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:17 am

I have been having a pain that I thought was a pulled abdominal muscle, but 3 days later it is feeling much worse and seems to be coming from just under my rib cage between the first and second rib (from the bottom). Pain increases when I breathe and its difficult to take a deep breath. The pain was coming and going for a few days, but is pretty constant now.
Any ideas? I did work tonight, so maybe I agravated it carrying trays, but didn't notice any increased pain at work. Just in the last hour or so.
 Owch!!! - Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Yes i have the same problem at this moment now i am no doctor i am only 15 so i have no advice to give you sorry, i have pain in my left side robs near the top and wen eva i breath out the pain increases...

i would like to know what this is too, so ill keep my eye on this topic

thank you

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us