Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Chest Ache

Dukert - Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 am

Male...56...anxious...Paxil 20 Mg....IBS

Approximately one month ago, I had infection in tonsil...strep...sudamonis, and one other bacteria. Treated with antibiotic...Cipro. Went into chest ache and cough...Dr. left me on Cipro for a month...rechecked tonsil ok, and checked for pnumonia by doing chest x-ray. Chest x-ray normal 2-3 weeks ago. Now just a few weeks later I have right side chest ache again...just below breast...on a scale of 1-10 the ache is a 2-3 just worrisome....I do have some acid reflux, but this is not like heartburn pain more an ache. I do have a history of some chostrocodritis in family????

I appreciate any insight...I worry a lot about Lung Cancer to as thats how my father died at 55....I quit smoking 13 years ago.
 Dukert - Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 am

PS.

I should have added that I have no basic symptoms other than mild morning cough...allergies, and refux. No weight loss{unfortunately, 6"1 195 lbs.} no blood in spectrum, no shortness of breath, etc. Thank you.
 Dukert - Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:47 pm

Sorry, but I remembered a bit more after I posted...ache is better after a night's sleep...ache does not keep me awake or wake me up, and seems to get to 2-3 on 10 scale as the day goes on....I am not coughing other than a little in am only. Ache is just below right breast...from sternum between the two ribs just below breast....sometimes a mild amount of pain in back area just below scapula kind of in same line as front. I am a worrier...trying to give it up to God, but its a struggle.

I would appreciate a Drs. insights.

Thank you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us